They’ve been an integral part of the auto industry for the better part of three decades; the Smart Key, Keyless Access System, or any other name designation given to the sleek electronic key-less keyfob. Nissan’s version, the Nissan Intelligent Key, works to make your life simple. Lock and unlock your doors, open and close your trunk, and start your vehicle all at the push of a button. The Intelligent Key is another piece of Nissan technology that makes driving a Nissan so incredible. Let your friends at West End Nissan—your local Edmonton Nissan dealership and your destination for all things Nissan—educate you further on how to use and program your Intelligent Key.
Intelligent Quick Guide
- To lock your vehicle, press the lock button. The hazard lights will blink twice and the horn will beep once to let you know your Nissan has been locked.
- To unlock your vehicle, press the unlock button once to unlock the driver’s side door.
- To unlock all doors and the trunk, press the unlock button again within one minute.
- To unlock all doors and lower the automatic windows (if equipped), hold the unlock button for more than 3 seconds after the doors are unlocked.
- To deactivate the horn beep feature that activates when locking or unlocking your vehicle, press and hold both the lock and unlock button on your Intelligent Key for more than 2 seconds. The hazard indicators will flash 3 times.
- To reactivate the horn beep feature, press and hold the lock and unlock button again for more than 2 seconds. The hazard lights will flash once and the horn will beep once.
- Press the panic button for more than 0.5 a second and the panic alarm will sound, your Nissan’s headlights will stay on for a period of time. Press any button afterward to disable the panic alarm.
- If you exit your vehicle with your Intelligent Key left inside, all doors will unlock and a warning chime will sound as soon as you close the door.
- In the rare instance that your Intelligent Key battery is depleted, you’ll find a mechanical key concealed on the back of the Intelligent Key.
- Up to four intelligent keys can be registered to one vehicle as long as they’re registered with a Nissan dealer prior to using the system.
- The small red light on the top of your keyfob (the bottom right of the Nissan logo) will blink to signify that a signal is being transmitted. The number of blinks identifies which keyfob is being used.
The Nissan Intelligent Key is another innovative piece of Nissan technology that makes owning a Nissan so enjoyable. Learn more about Nissan technology, research our full model lineup, schedule a service appointment, contact us, or simply pop on by our shop and meet our team.