Car Cleaning Tips from Nissan
As the COVID-19 Pandemic took hold of Canada, we have become more conscious of the surfaces we touch. To help prevent the spread and keep our loved ones safe, the Public Health Agency of Canada has recommended that we all wash our hands frequently and disinfect surfaces that others may touch. Keeping your vehicle clean is also extremely important because our friends and family may come in contact with it. There are a number of best practices that Nissan Canada wants to share so we can all reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Below you will find some great cleaning tips, and we at West End Nissan are proud to enact these with every vehicle that comes to our service and sales departments. Continue reading to learn more.
What to Use
It is best to utilize Isopropyl Alcohol which is rated at 70% alcohol. It is effective against COVID-19 and other viruses. You can also take a soft cloth and dampen it with soap and water to wipe down any surfaces you may think require it.
What to Disinfect
- Steering wheel
- Key and remote fob
- Exterior door handles, both sides
- Trunk lid or lift gate grab areas
- Interior door pulls, both sides, and interior door panels
- Start button, if equipped
- Rearview mirror, back, and edges
- HVAC vents
- Gear selector
- Turn signal lever
- Windshield wiper controls
- Center stack knobs
- Center console and armrest
- Seat belt and buckle. Avoid harsh cleaners on the belt itself; they can degrade the fibres and the belt's strength.
- Parking brake handle, parking brake, or release lever
What not to Use
Please do not use any of the following substances to disinfect surfaces.
- Thinners or harsh cleaners
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Ammonia-based cleaners on your infotainment system
Using the right product is important; this will allow you to keep your Nissan looking new and not damage any electronics or screens.
We know that we all are living in unprecedented times, and that's why we are always here if you have any questions or concerns. Please contact us for more information about keeping your vehicle clean.