Nissan Accident Assistance
Imagine you are on a drive on a beautiful Saturday morning. The sun is shining, the sky extremely blue, and you have your favourite song playing. Then all of a sudden, you hear a sound you've never heard before, a smell you've never smelt before, and an adrenaline rush you've most likely never felt before. Your vehicle has been t-boned, and now you are left with no sense of direction, and your thought process has abandoned you. Being involved in a collision is an extremely overwhelming and stressful experience. In the moment, you just want to make sure that everyone is okay and there are no serious injuries. At Nissan, they strive to provide the safest vehicles on the road by offering safety and technology that is designed to keep you and your occupants protected. It's no surprise that Nissan's rank as some of the safest vehicles on the road. At West End Nissan, we are proud to showcase the best of Japanese engineering to residents of St. Albert, Sherwood Park, Beaumont, Leduc, Spruce Grove, Devon, Stony Plain, Fort Saskatchewan, and surrounding areas of Alberta. Our new vehicle inventory features the Nissan Sentra, Rogue, Maxima, and Pathfinder to name a few. And to provide extra coverage, you have the opportunity to add a Nissan Protection Plan for added peace of mind.
However, working closely with Nissan Canada, West End Nissan wants to help you navigate through the process of dealing with an accident. There are three major steps to follow; please continue reading.
Step 1: Stay Safe
- If anyone is injured, immediately call 911
- If possible drive the vehicles off the road
- Engage your 4-way lights
- Make sure everyone is a safe distance from passing vehicles
- Exchange vehicle/insurance information with the other driver
Step 2: Collect Critical Information
Make sure to capture the following information:
- Year, make, model, license plate # of other vehicles involved
- Name, address, home, work and cell phone, driver's license number, insurance carrier and policy number of all drivers involved
- Contact information of any witnesses
Take photos or map out precisely what happened by drawing it
- Point of impact
- Make sure to note how the other driver is behaving
Step 3: call 1800.267.5936 For Complementary Towing
- If your Nissan is still covered by the manufacturer warranty, you can have it towed to the nearest dealership or certified collision centre at no charge. Or contact our service centre for more information.