Fluid Exchange Services
Essential for Long-Term Vehicle Health
Clean Fluids are Vital for Your Vehicle
Many people may take it for granted, but like the blood in our bodies, fluids in many ways are behind some of your vehicle’s most vital functions for operating safely and getting you where you need to go. Your engine, transmission and other components are made up of many moving metal parts that stay lubricated and stabilized at an optimum working temperature thanks to the use of various fluids in your vehicle.
Fluids Break Down
Over time, fluids break down and evaporate so you need to replace them regularly. Clean and proper fluid levels are vital to your vehicle’s long-term health and neglecting to exchange them can lead to catastrophic events, so make sure to keep up with regular maintenance. At West End Nissan, our expert Service Staff will inspect all of your vehicles fluids, exchange what needs to be removed and top up what needs refilling.
We Check The Essentials
Our expert Service Team will go over all your vehicle’s main fluids to check for condition and level. This includes:
- Engine Oil – Both oil condition and level are indicators to its health and that of the oil filter. We will inspect the condition of your oil and let you know whether it’s time for an oil change or not
- Antifreeze / Coolant – Proper coolant levels are critical in ensuring that your engine runs at a consistent and safe temperature. We will check both its level and its blend ratio of antifreeze vs water
- Transmission Fluid – this has to be changed less often, but ensuring your transmission fluid is in good condition is vital for smooth gear shifting
- Brake Fluid – air in your brake lines will cause them to not function as well, we will make sure your vehicle’s brake fluid levels are optimal
- Windshield Washer – a clear view is always essential. Windshield washer top-ups are standard to our services
- Air Conditioning (A/C) – if desired we can check the status of your vehicles air conditioning fluid. Getting that cold air ready for summer is as easy as a trip to West End Nissan
Do I Need My Fluids Changed?
All vehicles make use of fluids in one way or another. If you drive a conventional gasoline or diesel engine vehicle, then it is definitely a matter of when and not ifyou need to have your fluids exchanged. Typical convention suggests you should be changing your oil every three months or 5,000 miles (8,000 km) your coolant every 30,000 miles (50,000 km), your brake fluid every 45,000 miles (70,000 km) and your transmission fluid every 60,000 miles (95,000 km). Beyond these regular maintenance milestones, it’s always a great idea to get flushed up and reset with your basic fluids at the change of each season to make sure you are ready for whatever climate is on its way.
Get Your Fluid Exchange Service at West End Nissan in Edmonton, AB
Love your car and your car will love you back, that’s what they say right? It’s definitely true when it comes to make sure your vehicle has fresh great fluids coursing through its veins. Extend the life of your vehicle and make sure you are ready for the coming seasons with a Fluid Exchange Service from West End Nissan. Visit us at 10152 179 St NW Edmonton, AB T5S 1S1 or give our expert Service Staff a call at 780-486-1780 if you have any further questions regarding your vehicle fluids.